Terms and Conditions
- Gift voucher conditions. The voucher validity period is 1 year from the date of purchase. You are free to gift the voucher someone else. Vouchers are not redeemable for cash.
- Limited special offers can not be used with any other offer or promotion.
- Bookings. Bookings available seven days a week. Bookings are essential via website or email and are subject to availability (details will appear on your voucher).
- Age, Weight and other restrictions. Age and weight restrictions require participants to weigh a minimum of 25 kilograms and no more than 117 kilograms. A parent or authorised adult must accompany any person under the age of 10 and sign a tour participation and indemnity form on their behalf. Segway rides are not recommended for anyone over the age of 70. Pregnant guests are not allowed on the tour. You must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail. All participants need to read and sign the liability waiver prior to the ride.
- Arrival Time. Your assistance in arriving on time is appreciated as our events begin with a very important introduction and training component.
- Clothing and footwear suitable for walking is suitable for the Segway adventure. We will provide wet weather ponchos if required. Wearing the helmet provided is required during the activity.
- Weather conditions. Rides will run in light rain. Rain gear is available for rainy days. Extremely heavy rain or dangerous and unfavourable weather conditions could disrupt start times or may necessitate that we reschedule the session. To limit inconvenience to you, if these circumstances do occur, our activity operator will endeavour to contact you prior to the scheduled departure time. Please ensure you have provided us with your contact number for the day of the activity. Seg Way Dude reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any Segway ride in cases of extreme weather conditions.
- Cancellations. No show up on the booked date are charged 100%. Seg Way Dude reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the activity in cases of other unforeseen circumstances. You will not be charged if we cancel the ride.
- Limited special offers such as voucher and special deal promotions purchased from 3rd party websites cannot be refunded by Seg Way Dude directly. You should contact administration of the website where you purchased a voucher or a gift certificate in order to request a refund. Expired vouchers cannot be redeemed or refunded. Voucher validity period is shown on the voucher.
- Denial of service due to Age, Weight and other restrictions. No refund will be provided if your Age or weight or other conditions do not comply with our requirements. Age and weight restrictions require participants to weigh a minimum of 35 kilograms and no more than 117 kilograms. Minimum age is 11 years old. A parent or authorised adult must accompany any person under the age of 18 and sign a tour participation and indemnity form on their behalf. Segway rides are not recommended for anyone over the age of 70. Pregnant guests are not allowed on the tour. You must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail. All participants need to read and sign the liability waiver prior to the ride.
- Late Arrival Time. No refunds are given for late arrivals.
- Cancellations due to health problems and family circumstances If you don't shop up because you got sick or you have a family emergency Seg Way Dude will give you a credit to use again when you reschedule the ride for another date. Please note that we require at least 24hr notice, otherwise your booking will be forfeit due to no show up.
- Cancellations due to bad weather conditions. Seg Way Dude reserves the right to cancel and provide a full refund or reschedule any Segway ride in cases of extreme weather conditions. Rides will run in light rain. Rain gear is available for rainy days. Extremely heavy rain or dangerous and unfavourable weather conditions could disrupt start times or may necessitate that we reschedule the session.
- Cancellations due to no show up. No show up on the booked date are charged 100%. Seg Way Dude reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the activity in cases of other unforeseen circumstances. You will not be charged if we cancel the ride.
Micro Ventures recognises the importance of your privacy, and that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously.
Micro Ventures may collect personal information about you when you use the Seg Way Dude Website or when someone else submits information about you to the Seg Way Dude Website (in which case we will contact you). We may also collect personal information if you fill in forms for us, during face-to-face meetings, in email messages or during telephone conversations. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact.
The main types of personal information we collect include:
- what you tell us about yourself (for example, through the ride booking process on Seg Way Dude website, the contact us form, or when we otherwise ask for information such as your name, phone number, email address, physical address and 3rd party voucher numbers);
- information about how you use our website (for example, what pages you visit on our site and your IP address); and
- information relating to your booking for Seg Way Dude services including transactions processed.
We sometimes use cookie technology on our website for improving website usability and for website traffic analysis tools on our website. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes and are a necessary part of facilitating online transactions. Cookies are useful to estimate traffic patterns through our website. Most website browsers are set to accept cookies.
Using your personal information
Our purpose in collecting information about you is to:
- facilitate your full use of the Seg Way Dude Website services such as online booking;
- verify your identity and other relevant details when you contact us by telephone to make a booking;
- to process payments and handle chargebacks;
- provide you with a better website experience;
- to notify you of information directly related to the services you are receiving (such as any changes to our Refund Policy);
- enable us to operate our business efficiently;
- improve our services to you; and
- comply with any laws.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Micro Ventures and its related bodies corporate recognise the trust you place in us when you give us personal information. Micro Ventures will not disclose data to third parties without your consent unless:
- the use or disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- we believe it necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested;
- to implement our terms of service;
- we believe it necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another person or Micro Ventures; or
- the assets and operations of Seg Way Dude's business are transferred to a third party.
If you do not provide information requested by the Seg Way Dude Website, Micro Ventures may not be able to provide you with access to or full use of sections of the Seg Way Dude Website.
We do not disclose personal information about you to advertisers. Instead, advertisers give us advertisements and tell us the kind of audience they wish to reach. Micro Ventures then takes the advertisement and displays it to end users who are most likely to have an interest in the product or service.
If you have opted-in to receive marketing information from us, we may use your personal information to provide you with information about new or updated products or services we offer or special offers or promotions that you may be interested in.
If you are receiving promotional information about Micro Ventures and do not wish to receive this information any longer, please contact us and ask us to remove your name from our mailing list. You will also be given the option to unsubscribe from any promotional emails that we send to you.
Access and correction
You may request that we correct personal information we hold about you that is inaccurate or out-of-date by contacting us via the contact details set out below. If you request that we delete your personal information, we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal business reasons.
Storage and security of your personal information
Micro Ventures will take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you. We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors, agents and personnel who require the information to assist us to operate our business. Our security procedures include the following:
- All your transactions with Micro Ventures are conducted in "secure sessions" using the financial industry's Secure Socket Layer (SSL) standards with 128-bit encryption. You should check that your browser is compatible with SSL encryption. This is often indicated by a "closed lock" icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Micro Ventures transfers credit card payments securely into the eWay payment gateway.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us will be secure at all times. Micro Ventures will not be responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Links to other websites
What to do if you have a problem or question
If you have a complaint about how your personal information has been handled, please let us know immediately.
Our postal details are:
Micro Ventures Pty Ltd
12/12 Promenade Ave, Robina QLD 4226